
This is what 53,000 people look like lined up to race...
Boulder is SO Beautiful! This was the finish line at the stadium.
Kathleen Hayes and I- looking so HOT I know.
Our group- minus Bev thomason.
Today was the Boulder Boulder. It's a HUGE road race in Boulder that happens every Memorial Day. This year there were 53,000 people who ran it! It is a 10K so not too bad and it's SO much fun! It goes all through Boulder and the downtown area and then ends up in the University of Colorado stadium where SO many people gathered! This was my first time running it and I can't wait until next year! I finished 23, 221 place!! (Hey- at least I was in the top half!) It was SO nice NOT having to push a stroller since that is all I have been doing the past year. I did a lot better than I thought I would- I ran the whole time and kept about a 9 minute 40 second pace. Hopefully next year we'll have an even bigger group! Thanks Linda for talking me into doing it!! Your the best!
Here is a link with some REALLY hot pictures of me running:
http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_photo.asp?EVENTID=32474&ID=51272442&FROM=photos&BIB=MT43
Monday, May 26, 2008
Boulder Boulder
Posted by
The Widdisons
at
9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So fun! Hopefully next year I'll be in shape enough to do it too. Good job on your finish. I would have finished 52,999 if I ran this year! :)
Heather, that is awesome. My friend who lives in Denver invited me to run it with her this year. I was planning on it, but my trip did not work out. It looks like a ton of fun. Maybe next year. :)
Wow! I am impressed!! I, on the other hand, have no plans to run next year...I don't like running very much. Wish I did...Great job to you!!!!
So fun, do you remember when you me and Amy used to go running in the morning in Boston...ah the good ol' days.
We were trying so hard to come see you guys on our way home from Orlando...but it would have cost 1500 dollars to change our tickets last minute...bad planning. We really want to get out there though. Miss you, good job on your race!!
Post a Comment