Sunday, June 15, 2008

HOLY Snakeys!!




We decided to go on a little stroll today to some open space by our house. We laughed at the warning signs - "BEWARE of rattle snakes- STAY on trail!" Well, when we got to the end of the trail Joe hopped off to see what was around the corner. And low and behold- a RATTLE SNAKE!!! About 2 ft in front of him. Cooper was actually following Joe and had gone in front of him a little bit so after the initial scream Joe pushed Cooper out of the way and we all stared at the snake! It was SO cool to see one so close up. (Don't worry there was a wall between us!) So after we were totally freaked out we decided to run back to the car- low and behold- ANOTHER snake!! AHHHHH!!! Where the heck are we? The mountains? Oh wait, yeah we are there! Needless to say... we are NEVER going back there again and for goodness snakes- pay attention to the signs!

5 comments:

MK said...

ummmm....scary! Where were you exactly so I know to NEVER go there!

laurdacooj said...

holy cow! Where were you? THe other day, I opened the front door and their was a snake on the front porch... needless to say I only go out thru the garage door these days! We miss you guys! Cute pictures!!! (of you guys... not the snakes:))

Anonymous said...

Rattle snakes totally freak me out. Even looking at your pictures made me cringe!!

sher said...

ahhh! Scary...growing up in southern Arizona...I've got some pretty good snake stories..and a healthy dislike of rattlers. Eeeek. Looks like your having a fun summer. Boulder Boulder looked awesome. How fun!

Sage Pierce said...

SO Scary!!! I think I have clicked on that up close picture of the snake like 10 times. Fascinating and totally creepy at the same time! :) We miss you guys! We need to do something soon!